background

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Suck at Dieting (and also Words with Friends)

If you were playing a game of Words with Friends with me, all I have to say is, "I'm sorry."

And if you're looking to me for dieting tips, well, I'm sorry about that too.

Generally, I eat pretty well. But I just can't make myself stick to a regimented program. And when I fall off the wagon, IT HURTS.

About a month ago, I was eating my body weight in broccoli and sweet potatoes and I think I burned myself out on them. I am having a hard time motivating myself to cook anything that doesn't have chocolate chips in the recipe. I'm sort of ashamed of myself.

I'm currently debating my next dietary move. Should I "just try to eat healthy?' Should I "count calories?" Am I supposed to be on a plan, or should I just get back to blogging about it? If only motivation could be scraped up with a spatula!

I talk to clients all the time about fording the vast river between "thinking" and "doing." I feel very much like I'm in that river right now trying to make it to the other side. Oddly enough, it tastes like diet coke, and ohmygod, isn't this is how I always died on the Oregon Trail?

The silver lining, if you want to see it, is that I have kept up with my running. I've done a few P90x DVDs. I ran 7 miles on Tuesday with Emily, which about killed me, then 3 more by myself yesterday. I'm hoping to squeeze in at least 3 tomorrow, and I have a 10 miler planned this weekend with Amber. Assuming we make it the whole way, that's a 23 mile week. If that's not enough to offset my recent bad decisions, then this therapist needs to get her butt into therapy!

And now, Lord help me, my child wants me to bake cookies with him!

Do anyone else's blessings seem to make them chubby?!


1 comment:

  1. to your last sentence: yes. A husband who loves my cooking but also has a sweet tooth? And of course I have to JOIN him in his nightly cookie indulgence? Makes this girl in the "needs to run to maintain/lose because holy crap I'm making good food" category.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete