background

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 28: Keeping busy

I had a roommate in college who would randomly decide she had had enough of herself and would blurt out, "Do you ever just get on your own nerves?!" I have kind of felt that lately. I'm sure you are all (if anyone is still reading this thing) pretty tired of hearing about fasting. I'm certainly tired of doing it. I'm tired of juicing. I'm tired of talking about juicing. I'm tired of washing the juicer. And I'm tired of planning meals I can't eat for 12 more days. (Really?!?! That's it?! I am kicking this fast's tail!)

So today I busied myself with other projects. I made bread again. It looks like a brick. I haven't given up the hope of baking the perfect, healthy loaf of bread, but it certainly didn't happen today. And I finally got around to a furniture project that I've been planning to do since we moved (in October. Ahem.).

We recently painted our living room a light yellow, which I was much happier with than the ugly gray color that was on the walls when we moved in. But since we painted it, the pieces of furniture in the room, which were black, seemed much too stark with the softer colors in the room. So today I took care of one of them. Still a few left to go, but seeing as I have 12 more days of not eating, I bet I can find the time to tackle them.

We got this table at goodwill for $10. We painted it black, and I covered the middle glass part with wrapping paper to create this little number.


I didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. But it just didn't really work with the yellow. Too much. So I softened it with some cream paint and scrapbook paper from walmart.



It looks much better in the room now, but I can't seem to settle on a particular style. This table suggests that the living room is going the direction of a quaint cottage, while my kitchen demands that it is bordering on sophisticated. I seem to recall a similar battle within myself when I was about 16.

As I recall, the solution then was to make out with a trumpet player on the back of the band bus on the way back from Georgia.

I hope my living room doesn't have to sink that low to find itself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I was so not prepared for the trumpet player comment. DYING. :) Marietta trips made all of us make some poor life decisions. I think we turned out okay, though.

    ReplyDelete