background

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Screaming for Ice Cream

I am so mean when I want sugar and am suffering through terrible self deprivation. It's as if my entire vocabulary is built on a foundation of insults that can be conveniently placed in front of the word "head."

Detoxing does great things for my body, but apparently the process causes me to revert to being five.

Sometimes I just want something cold and creamy, and I'm sorry but Greek yogurt just doesn't do the trick for me. I decided to come up with something that would take care of my ice cream craving without packing on the pounds again.

This is PERFECT. And get this: 140 calories per yummy serving! (Plus a serving of fruit!)


It's just 1 frozen banana (about 6 inches long)
1 TBSP Sugar free, fat free instant pudding mix ( I use a mixture of chocolate, butterscotch, and cheesecake. Just dump them together in something tupperware and shake up!)
1/4 c. (maybe even less. I don't measure things) almond milk

I toss the frozen banana in the microwave for about 20 seconds and it peels pretty easily. Don't over thaw! Throw together in a blender and voila! This takes care of my sweet tooth, my cold tooth, and my creamy tooth. (If you're not concerned about calories, a little peanut butter is good in there too!)

I'm only one spoonful in, but my pleasing personality is already making its way back. My family can rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment