background

Friday, March 9, 2012

Will Run for Treats

I'm torn between thinking I'm doing awesome and thinking I'm doing terrible. On the one hand, I ran over 4 miles today, which myfitnesspal tells me burned 480 calories. Awesome.

On the other hand, The Champ is en route as I type this to get Sonic Blasts for dessert.

I didn't do too hot yesterday. I did good for the first part of the day, but then I had to drive at night, in the rain, downtown, and by the time I made it to my friend's house, my body was begging me for carbs and alcohol. I had to give in. We went to dinner and I ate a healthy meal of grilled chicken and broccoli. (With a side of 2 rolls, spinach and artichoke dip, and a "skinny lemon drop.")

If I do good today, it will all balance out right? That makes sense in my head. Right?!

Today, I used myfitnesspal to log in ALL of my food. It was annoying, but also helpful. Because of my run, I was able to build in 480 calories to my daily allotment. If I stick to the plan and only eat half the blast, (which is all I can handle anyway) I'll still be a couple hundred calories shy of my daily target.

Who says you can't have treats in life?

Breakfast: Shakeology Shake made with water and 1/2 a banana (182)

Lunch: Open faced (turkey) bacon with tomato and 1 tsp mayo, 1 baked sweet potato with light butter, and 1/2 c. fresh pineapple (390)

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with pesto and chicken breast and Parmesan blend cheese, 1/2 c. green beans.
4 oz Moscato....because it's Friday and I can. (620)

Dessert: Half...(Hear that, self? HALF) a Snickers Sonic Blast (340)
(Did you know there were 680 calories in a regular snicker's blast?! Ouch.)

Daily Total: 1537
(213 calories less than my daily goal. Running totally saved my diet today.)






1 comment:

  1. myfitnesspal is awesome for tracking...i love that you can track sugar and fat as well as calories.

    I'm msmsctchr on there if you want to add me!

    ReplyDelete