background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 10: DOUBLE DIGITS!

DOUBLE DIGITS, DOUBLE DIGITS!

I can't believe I've made it 10 whole days without food! Without chewing something savory, or something melting in my mouth. Gosh, I miss that.

I made it to my first major milestone! 10 days! Double digits! A fourth of the way there! Halfway to halfway!

When I stop and think about how far there is left to go, I get a little panicky. I mean, 30 more days of this?! I REALLY WANT TO EAT! So I try to approach it like an alcoholic, or in this case a foodaholic, and just take it one day at a time. I didn't eat anything today, and tomorrow is looking good too.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but the last meal I ate was an Angus cheeseburger and french fries from McDonald's. We didn't want to cook, there was no food in the house, and a buy one get one free coupon had just come in the mail. It was the trifecta of dietary blunders. I felt terrible after I ate it, and I really had no idea I would start fasting the next day. But again, I think this fast is doing its thing, because a big greasy cheeseburger and fries just doesn't sound appetizing to me at all! Give me something HEALTHY! (It's sort of a miracle. )

I've been researching healthy foods I want to make when this is all over. Because of this I have learned two things:

1. There are a lot of interesting uses for quinoa, many of which I will be attempting in late February.

2. In the middle of a lengthy fast, opening the food page on Pinterest is somewhat akin to having a tiny orgasm.

30 more days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment