background

Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 16: The Reason

I really needed a reminder today of why I was fasting. And then I opened Facebook this morning and had a video of the boys in Uganda on my wall! (I tried to upload it, but an hour later it's still just "thinking" about it. Sorry!)

The video is of some of the boys in Uganda, along with the team from my old church, who will benefit from the money raised by Fast it Forward. I don't know our current total of sponsors, but we are either AT our goal or SO CLOSE that it's kind of crazy! This is so exciting, because it means that at least 5 lives will be changed this year. Five more kids will be pulled of the streets, fed hot meals, clothed, educated, and loved on....FOR A WHOLE YEAR. I really needed to remember why I wasn't allowing myself to eat. And they are why.

I'll be totally honest, my heart wasn't burdened specifically for these boys or this team. My heart was simply heavily burdened to fast and raise money, and to send it somewhere in Africa. But God burdened my cohort with the ultimate recipient of the funds, and it all fit together. And people have told me I'm crazy. People have told me I couldn't do it. But no one will ever tell me it wasn't worth it. No one.

And the bright side is, that as hard as this is, and as much as I want to eat, this experience is changing me from the inside out. I crave things that I have NEVER wanted before. I am craving good things for my body, and this, in turn results in good things for my life. I'm sure that once this is all said and done I'll enjoy cheesecake again. I'm sure I'll sometimes want a brownie. And maybe I'll want a cheeseburger. But I have zero craving for that stuff right now, and that's just unheard of in my life.

If you are considering doing this, DO IT! I know it's not for everyone, and I wouldn't expect people to do a 40 day fast, but I would imagine just 10 days is enough to reboot your system and change your habits. It's hard. But it's SO worth it.

As much as I want to eat, and as much as I can't wait for February 17th, I'm incredibly thankful that this is a journey that God decided to take me on. It's worth it.

I am worth it.

And so are they!

No comments:

Post a Comment