background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fast it Forward (Day 1)

So God's been doing something really "weird" in my life. And of all things, He's doing it through juicing. I can't really explain it. I just know that I can't ignore it.

God has instructed me to do a 40 day juice fast. It's not for weight loss. It's not for self fulfillment, although it did start with those motivations. He has taken this inkling and turned it into a full fledged mission! The mission is to sponsor children in Africa. Specifically, 5 young men named Timothy, Ivan, Edwin, Bwanika, and Fred. There is a small team of people from my former church currently serving there, and they have come in contact with these 5 young men who are living on the streets. By sponsoring them, we can provide them with food, shelter, clothing, and education for an entire year. The goal is $1800, as that will cover their sponsorship for the full year. Read about them here.

My former mother in law/friend/mentor/fill in the blank, has agreed to fast with me, as God had been working on her heart for these young men. Forty days is going to be HARD. We both love food, and love socializing over food. It's going to be challenging. It's possibly going to outright suck.

But on my very worst day of fasting, my life is easier than the lives of these men, who have lived on the streets, gone without food, been beaten and abused, and don't have anyone to have their backs.

I'm going to have their back. I'm going to do what I can from the other side of the world. I can Fast it Forward.

You can help. By sponsoring me with just $1 per day, we can reach the goal of providing for these boys needs for a full year. If you are interested in being a sponsor of Fast it Forward, please either comment here, or find us on facebook by searching Fast it Forward. And tell your friends! The more people who sponsor me for Fast it Forward, the more young people's lives we can change. All proceeds will go to sponsor these young people!

Stay tuned for daily updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment