background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 3

So far, this has been better than I expected! I really thought I would feel terrible for the first few days, and I'm rounding the end of Day 3(!) and still feel pretty good. I would even venture to say that I am more mentally and spiritually taxed than physically.

I worked out last night, although I skipped my regular extreme cardio class and opted for a zumba style "devoted fitness" class. It was a lighter workout than I'm used to, which was probably good for me. I was a bit sluggish last night. But today, I've had good energy, and other than a bit of hunger, physically I feel great!

However, I've had some spiritual side effects that I wasn't quite prepared for. Do you ever have that feeling that God is about to do something TO YOU? I do right now. In fact, the only way I know to describe it is I feel that God is going to turn me inside out. I'm seeing a lot of areas in my life that He may be trying to polish up, and in all honesty, I just don't think that's going to be much fun.

I guess I should get excited about God working in my life. And I do get excited-for the results. But sometimes the process is HARD. If we're being perfectly candid, I've been known to run and hide from that kind of polishing! But I've thrown myself to the proverbial wolves here. All of facebook knows about Fast it Forward. People are counting on us to finish what we start (never a strong suit of mine!) and frankly, quitting is just not an option! And it's not like I can cheat and get away with it! People will know if I'm doing this or not, because an all juice diet will yield weight loss. With all of those balls rolling, hiding is not possible. This is a vulnerability that would most definitely give me digestive issues, were the juice not already taking care of that.

On a positive note, we've got about 33 sponsors on board (last I checked) and only need a handful more to meet our goal of 45! (If you feel led to sponsor, please let me know! We still need more people!) This means that all of the boys that our team in Uganda have been praying for will have sponsorship through the year. They will be fed, clothed, sheltered, and educated. Their lives will be BETTER...maybe even GOOD. We are making a difference. One glass of juice at a time. (Oh wow...that is still just SO WEIRD.)

So turn me inside out, God. I will not hide from you.

This time. ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment