background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 9: The Upswing

Today, I think I reached some sort of fasting euphoria.

I woke up feeling MUCH better physically. My sore throat and congestion are almost gone, and I've made it all day without taking any ibuprofen. I was supposed to have a busy day today, with 5 clients spaced just far enough apart that I would have a small break in between but not long enough to really do anything. The Champ ushered E back to his dad's for me and I got ready for my day.

But as it turned out, 4 of my 5 clients had to reschedule for later in the week, so I only had one client for the whole day. This added to my great mood, because The Champ was off work, so I took care of my client and then ran back home to have a quiet day date with my friend. :)

I went to work out tonight, and there were times when I felt the need to take it a bit slower. I was very aware of the hollow feeling in my gut, and by the end of a very long 45 minutes I was dizzy. But the feeling passed quickly, and by the time I got home, I felt fine.

I really think I'm on the fasting upswing. Everything I've read says once you get through the first few days it's smooth sailing. I still miss food. I would love to sit down to a hot meal of grilled salmon...roasted onion sweet potatoes...broccoli......brown rice with mushrooms...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, sorry, what was I saying? Oh yes. I do miss food. A lot. But I'm noticing that I'm really only craving healthy things. I truly believe this fast is rebooting my system to want the good stuff. I've also noticed that it takes MUCH less juice to make me feel full. I started downing about 20 ounces at a time, and now I'm down to about 12. I guess my stomach is shrinking?

So here's to things looking up. Tomorrow is DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!

I've SO got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment