background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Random musings

I'm tired today. My head is starting to ache, and I feel a little feverish. All of this is to be expected. I'm detoxing. Detoxing sucks. I expect by the end of the day, I'll want to curl up into a teeny, tiny ball and kill any living thing that does not also want to be curled up into a teeny, tiny ball.

I'm still baffled as to why God has called me to do this. I'm not Super Christian. I say entirely too many curse words to be useful to most conservative Christians. And at this present moment, my fingernails are painted an absolutely whorish shade of red. Most of the time, I'm not even all that reverent. I have to admit, if I were God, I would think I was kind of a handful. So it's confusing to me why this is playing out the way it is. I'm curious as to what God is going to teach me through this process.

I decided to read a Psalm each day of my fast, and will be doing Psalm 40-Psalm 1 in reverse order. That means that today is Psalm 39. The very first verse says, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin."

Funny, God. Real funny.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This Southern Baptist who is typing her comment with equally whorish brown polish on her nails loves reading your blog! You are so real! And I love it....... And I probably need to read that Psalm myself!

    ReplyDelete