background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 4: Brown juice

As I write this, I'm waiting for a mug of freshly squeezed veggies to cool off so I can drink it and pretend it is soup. Now, please, don't everybody run right over to try some. Warm, poopy brown soup is not as appetizing as it sounds.

Today was tough, but the physical hunger isn't really the problem. I can get my belly full on juice. But the mental hunger....WOW! I really miss the process of chewing, tasting, and swallowing food. Any food. All day long I was hit with random cravings. Ooh, chinese chicken from the place beside my old dorm! Ooh...herby bread from macaroni grill! Ooh...grease from the bottom of a burger vat at McDonald's! It was a fun day.

Here's the list of things I've juiced so far:

pears
strawberries
blueberries
pineapple
raspberries (They don't juice. They DO gunk up your juicer.)
grapes
mango
cucumber
zucchini
tomato
celery
carrot
bell peppers
spinach
kale
mustard greens
collard greens


My brown soup tonight is a combination of tomato, celery, collard greens, carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers. It's actually much better warm than cold. I think that kills off some of the good nutritional value of the juice.

I asked myself if I care.

I don't.




No comments:

Post a Comment