background

Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 20: HALF-FREAKIN-WAY!

Halfway, HALFWAY, HALFWAY, HALFWAY!!!!!!

I can't believe I've gone 20 days without food. In all honesty, I can't believe I'm still doing this whole thing. I didn't really think I would ever give up, but I could still not grasp the concept of actually doing this. And even though there have been tremendous ups and downs, and it's been really hard at times, on the whole it hasn't been that difficult. The last 10 days have flown by, because it feels like just yesterday that I was celebrating double digits. Now, I'm celebrating the halfway mark, and tomorrow I will officially have fewer days to go than I have already completed. I know I'm not there yet, but I feel so accomplished right now.

And there are a ton of great things happening as a result of this fast.

We have gathered enough sponsors to seriously impact the lives of several young people for the better. (THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE SPONSORING US! We are grateful, and I'm sure those kids are too!)

I'm learning so much about clean eating, and I've put together several lists of healthy foods I want to try when this is all said and done. And I'm seriously working on ways to get E to eat better as well. The other day I managed to make some healthy homemade chicken nuggets, and they totally passed the picky eater test. In recent attempts, I couldn't get the breading right without using actual bread crumbs. Everything else "looked funny" to him, and he wouldn't eat it. But then the Champ got me a food processor. As it turns out, finely processed almonds make excellent nugget breading.

I feel amazing, have incredible energy, and am still only craving healthy foods. PLUS, I've lost about 12 pounds, and I'm down a grand total of 9.5 inches . I had started working out prior to my fast, and the inches had started to come off slowly, but when I measured today there was a major difference. I even wore my "goal skirt" today...the one I couldn't wear a month ago...couldn't even zip. So I'm a happy girl.

I think I've already said this, but if you are thinking about doing a fast (and don't have any chronic medical conditions that would stand in the way) DO IT! I honestly think this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. Yes, it's hard. Yes, I want to eat. Yes, sometimes it flat out sucks. But the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. I feel like it is changing me from the inside out. Not just the physical me. But ME.

I'm already looking for my next challenge. There may be a half marathon in my future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment