background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 23: Aaarrrgh

I woke up this morning with pinkeye. (Seriously?!?! Ew.) And before you think it, no I did not rub poop in my eye. Jonathan (who I refuse to refer to as The Champ right now, because he's having way too much fun with this) keeps calling me "poo eye." I officially do not like it.

Anyway, I woke up with a nasty eye, so I had to take my contact out. I could have just worn my glasses, but E stepped on them a week or so ago and broke them. So I kept one lens in and took the one out of the nasty eye. I took him to school and quickly swooped by the eye doctor. With a prescription in hand, I wandered through Walmart, dropped it off at the counter, and then realized I didn't have my prescription card on me. When I found out the out of pocket price for that particular "nasty eye ointment" was over $100, I decided to try something over the counter until I could get my hands on the husband's card. (The over the counter stuff does.not.work.)

I had two afternoon clients today which luckily left me with some time to kill. I needed to make E some more healthy chicken nuggets as he ate all of the others over the weekend, so I gathered the things from the store and headed home to cook. I also decided that I wanted to try my (thoroughly washed) hand at homemade bread, so I grabbed some white whole wheat flour as well. I'm now obsessed with "eating clean" and have been doing some research on what I can make healthier. I'm on a mission to find a healthy sandwich bread recipe that falls low on the glycemic index. I threw the chicken nuggets in the oven (recipe coming once I've actually gotten a chance to taste them...I think I'm onto something!) and began searching for a bread recipe.

I found one that I had all of the stuff for, but by this time the headaches had started from having only one highly functional eye. I was having a hard time looking at the computer without it going all fuzzy, but I managed to turn out two loaves of something that looked bread like and made my house smell a bit like Subway. I sliced into it and smelled it, but had to wait for Jonathan to get home to taste test it. (It definitely needs tweaking, but he ate two pieces toasted with butter and seemed to enjoy them. This of course, was after I convinced him that I had clean hands while I was making it. Geez. I have pinkeye. I'm not a leper.)

I went to take care of my clients, and decided to skip my normal exercise class for a jog instead. I still wasn't feeling good, still had a headache, and didn't really want to be around people or hear loud music. So I hit the greenway and logged 3 more miles. (Currently, I hate running, and my ears are officially anatomically incompatible with ear buds which makes me sad.)

Then, I came home and sat in front of my computer. I guess my eyes were really tired, because I couldn't focus on the screen at all. Then it hit me! E got a pack of party favor pirate eye patches in his Christmas stocking: the perfect solution for a tired girl with pinkeye. (My husband had a bit too much fun with that as well.)

So here I am on Day 23. Aaarrgh. (But get a load of those collar bones!)



No comments:

Post a Comment