background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 13: Lucky Me

I think I'm about to go on a date night with the hubs!!! So excited!

But what the heck are you supposed to do on date night if you can't go eat somewhere?!?! I think we're going to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I warned him that it's a tear jerker, but he's such a good husband that he said he didn't care. Lucky, lucky girl.

It's amazing to realize how many of your daily interactions are scheduled around food. Even a simple outing like going to a movie is usually accompanied with some sort of something to nibble on during, or a cold diet coke, or possibly a frozen yogurt stop afterwards. Or you might stop and have a coffee at the bookstore nearby, or maybe a glass of wine. I can't do any of that. I can watch the movie, and then come home. Our society is just COVERED UP with food!

Because of this fast, I'm learning a brand new way to separate my wants from my needs, my mental hunger from my physical hunger, the need to be introspective and the need to release. It's all consuming, almost insatiable. I've never felt more connected to myself, to the hours, to the days, to the process.

I really am a lucky girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment