background

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 11

I'm starting to settle into a predictable routine with the fasting. I wake up and juice something fruity. I go to work, and then come home and juice something veggie. I drink one or two cans of v8 to tide me over, and juice more veggies when I get home. I've also started drinking a cup of broth at night, just because I need something warm.

There's not much to report really. I still desperately want to eat, and today I was hit with the most random cravings, almost pregnancy like. (I'm definitely NOT pregnant.) But they spring into my mind with the same urgency and intensity that I remember from when I was pregnant. Today it was my mother's baked chicken and mushroom casserole. I could almost taste the savory goodness of it. I want warm, thick textured foods. And while my stomach tends to gurgle and churn a lot during the day, my physical hunger is fine and my energy level is great!

I think I've passed the worst of the detoxing, because I really do feel wonderful. But in all honesty, February 17th feels like a REALLY long way away. I'm trying to remember all of the great reasons I'm doing this instead of caving and deciding the whole thing is dumb. I KNOW it will be worth it. It really already is.

But man, I could go for a casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment